Featured Employment Vacancies
Here are several vacancies that just came into our office:
- Director of Human Life and Dignity, Archdiocese of San Francisco.
- English Teacher, Marin Catholic School
Scroll down the page for additional information.
Position Announcement – Director of Human Life and Dignity
Looking to make a difference?
The Archdiocese of San Francisco is seeking a qualified leader to join the Archdiocese as the
Director of Human Life and Dignity, the Director position is a public policy position that reports directly to the Moderator of the Curia and Vicar for Administration. This office specifically promotes “protect life” initiatives and more generally advances social justice. In addition to directing members of the Office of Human Life and Dignity, the Director also articulates how the work of various reporting units is rooted in and motivated by Scripture and Catholic teaching.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities:
• Supervises professional staff overseeing the follov^/ing areas: Respect Life, Restorative Justice, Justice and Peace, Parish Organizing and Leadership Development, and Project Rachel.
• Promotes in the Archdiocese the work of Catholic Relief Services and the Catholic Campaign for Human Development.
• Develops policy positions in consultation with the Archbishop and the Moderator of the Curia that are relevant to the mission of the Catholic Church locally, nationally, and internationally.
• An excellent writer and public speaker.
• Competent in dealing with the press in relation to important issues of social justice.
• Able to ground any public policy issue advanced by the Archdiocese in Scripture and Tradition.
• A practicing Catholic.
• An undergraduate degree, preferably in theology or public policy
• Experience articulating social policy that is grounded in and in conformity with Catholic teaching.
• At least five years of experience in a social policy area relevant to Catholic social teaching.
We offer a competitive salary in a non-profit environment plus excellent benefits (including free, gated parking at our Cathedral Hill, San Francisco, Pastoral Center.)
For consideration, please e-mail resume and cover letter to:
The Roman Catholic Archdiocese of San Francisco
Attn: Patrick Schmidt
Position Announcement- English Teacher
Sponsored by the Archdiocese of San Francisco, Marin Catholic is a Roman Catholic
college preparatory school serving young men and women. Consistent with our Gospel
values, we are committed to the education of the whole person. As a community that
values faith, knowledge and service, we provide our students with a spiritual, academic,
and extra-curricular environment.
Salary and benefits are commensurate with experience.
Qualifications, credentials, experience, knowledge & skills for the position:
- Degree in English or related field
- High school teaching experience, preferred
- Catholic, preferred
- Desire to share his/her faith journey
- Teaching credential, preferred
- Ability to collaborate effectively with faculty, students and staff
- Intellectually curious and willingness to grow professionally
- Ability to integrate technology into English curriculum
- Maintains best professional practices in communicating with peers, students and parents.
Interested applicants for positions should submit a letter of interest and current resume to Dave Basso, Assistant Principal at firstname.lastname@example.org
675 Sir Francis Drake Boulevard
Kentfield CA 94904