Remember Our Mission
Our Mission Throughout Your Lives
The mission of Holy Apostles College & Seminary is to cultivate lay, consecrated and ordained Catholic leaders for the purpose of evangelization.
In addition to a formal education, Holy Apostles has five specific goals in mind to encourage the full spiritual, emotional and psychological development of each of its students.
- To maintain excellence in teaching/learning, research/discovery, and service/engagement through the Liberal Arts, Philosophy and Theology.
- To guide students to integrate their search for truth with a personal relationship with Jesus Christ, the Fount of Truth.
- To animate the entire college and seminary experience with a recognizable, distinctive, unambiguously Catholic spirit.
- To assist students to formulate a coherent worldview based on faith and reason.
- To instill in students a devotion to liturgy, prayer and service as well as excellence in academics.
Holy Apostles adheres to the Magisterium of the Catholic Church in the formation and education of our students. The Magisterium is the true teaching of Christ’s one Church on Earth and our various programs reflect our faithful adherence to these teachings, handed down to the Church since apostolic times. As a reflection of our commitment to the Magisterium, we are in submission to the ecclesiastical authority of the Church through our chancellor, the Bishop of Norwich, the Most Reverend Michael R. Cote, and other bishops who are on the governing body.
The Eucharist is the center of seminary life for those on campus, which radiates into all the programs we offer, for both our commuter students and those studying through our distance learning programs.
As we are a college and seminary, Holy Apostles is one of the very few Catholic colleges in America where lay students and seminarians attend many of the same classes – both on-campus and online.